Unhinged Emotions

                                                                 घायल हूँ इसलिए घातक हूँ!


This happened on 19th Mar'26, the day I went back home after 8 long months. One thing on my mind was to watch D2 as quick as possible. My dad asked about the run time and when he got to know about it, he jokingly said he watched Ben Hur thrice during his childhood and challenged me that I would not last the time.

From the neutral's perspective, the movie was fluctuating between National interest & Family multiple times. The first frame that actually piqued my interest was Ranveer walking across a hallway with an AK & a firework resembling a Sudarshan chakra in the background, drawing Lord Vishnu's parallels. It was difficult to hold back emotions after watching Jaskirat's traumatic past enfold on the screen in the first chapter itself. 

While the focus shifted to the present where Jaskirat aka Hamza was shown as a glorified gangster, nothing much was there to look apart than some massy moments here and there & tad bit of violence. Shashwat did a great job with his song selection for the key moments. It was Fa9la in D1 which was more of a modern vibe song/music and for D2, he went into past, brought back one of my old favourites from Khaled. I would still vouch for the one in D1 just because of the aura farming of Akshay Khanna & nothing else apart from.

Prior to the interval, Hamza meets Bade Saab & puts his mark in the national elections. I would have to give top credit to Aditya Dhar for getting actors who have 90% resemblance towards the real politicians. Great way to bring back Hamza's childhood friend back into the picture by putting him as one of the antagonists & creating a tension between the characters. Would have appreciated if the director threw some light on the grey character of Hamza's friend & rather than a dialogue which was bland, was expecting atleast a 10-15 min block just to see the transition to an anti-national.

Somehow the second part of the movie was force fed to the audience & the director/crew stitched the scenes to the real world situations and then tying up the loose ends in a convenient manner. Perhaps law of convenience used by the director.

Overall, I was glad that the movie didn't get into the limelight like the 1st part for being a propaganda tool for the current government.

One thing that was really disappointing was the rumour of a 7 hour marathon planned to mint more money. I guess money does make people chase after some non sensical records like being the highest grosser in Indian Cinema.


I know for a fact that the move was released like 2 months ago & you ( the reader) would be wondering why now? Well, I got a notification that the uncut & raw footage was released in select countries & India OTT release would take another 20 days. So I did what any movie buff would do, connect to a proper VPN, relive the entire 3.5 hours of trauma/emotions/gore/violence & then put a pen (blog) to the thoughts :)


Just like the first part gave the header of this post, second part has given the end.

                                                        'हौसला-ईंधन-बदला'

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog